Colleen Aylward asserts that the following questions must be answered in your resume, “elevator pitch”, information interview, and online presence in her book, From Bedlam to Boardroom: How to get a derailed executive career back on track!
Career Leader by Harvard Business School professor Timothy Butler
- What is your unique business differentiator?
- What problems have you solved? How?
[Note accomplishments and quantified impact, not responsibilities;
Specify numbers, even if <10 – contrary to style rules]
- How have you increased revenues, profit?
- How have you improved processes?
- How have you demonstrated creativity, innovation?
- How have you reduced costs?
The last four items, indicated by *, are considered critical Key Performance Indicators that you must convey clearly, repeatedly, and memorably in all in-person and online activities.
-*What assessments and tools have you used to uncover your strengths, expertise and key differentiator?
LinkedIn Open Group – The Executive Coach
Blog: – Kathryn Welds | Curated Research and Commentary