Colleen Aylward asserts that the following questions must be answered in your resume, “elevator pitch”, information interview, and online presence in her book, From Bedlam to Boardroom: How to get a derailed executive career back on track!
Career Leader by Harvard Business School professor Timothy Butler
- What is your unique business differentiator?
- What problems have you solved? How?
[Note accomplishments and quantified impact, not responsibilities;
Specify numbers, even if <10 – contrary to style rules]
- How have you increased revenues, profit?
- How have you improved processes?
- How have you demonstrated creativity, innovation?
- How have you reduced costs?
-*What assessments and tools have you used to uncover your strengths, expertise and key differentiator?