Entrepreneur, columnist for Fast Company and Inc. Magazine, and former jazz guitarist, Josh Linkner asserts that creativity is sustainable differentiator in today’s rapidly-changing business landscape, in his book Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity
1. ASK: Define objectives for creativity or innovation
2. PREPARE: Become ready – mentally, physically, before generating creative solutions
3. DISCOVER: Employ techniques to explore new cognitive territory and ideation:
• Asking “Why?”, “What if?”, and “Why not?”
• Developing a Long List of 200 creative idea
• “Role Storming” in which ideas a presented “in character”.
For example, creative ideas may be presented from the role of Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs or another respected innovator
4. IGNITE: Focus. using methods such as his technique of “Doing the Opposite” of the expected
5. LAUNCH: Select work target, set metrics, and begin implementation
Linkner’s website recommends the best books on developing creativity and innovation
-*What steps help you create innovate solutions to business problems?